Senior Living in 13833 (Port Crane, NY)
- 13833 scores the same as the Port Crane, NY average of 76.
- 13833 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13833 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Binghamton Psychiatric Center and Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including United Methodist Homes, Good Shepherd Fairview Home, and Life at Elizabeth Church Manor Nursing Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Chenango Valley State Golf Course, Belden Hill Golf Club, and Chenango Commons Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Chenango Valley State Park, Nathaniel Cole Park, and Schnurbusch Park.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including North Fenton Methodist Church, St Marks Episcopal Church, and Chenango Bridge United Meth.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,848, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,869, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,983, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.08%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13833 has a sparse population density of 119.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.84%.