Senior Living in 13835 (Richford, NY)
- 13835 scores the same as the Richford, NY average of 61.
- 13835 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13835 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Walden Place, Crown Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Cortland Regional Medical Center Nursing & Rehab Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Grandview Farms Golf Course, Maple Hill Golf Club, and Lakeview Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Robinson Hollow State Forest, Country Hills Campground, and Greenwood County Park.
- There are 2 churches nearby (First Baptist Church and Whitney Point United Meth Chr).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.03% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,155, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,333, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,664, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.12%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13835 has a very sparse population density of 35.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.35%.