Senior Living in 13849 (Unadilla, NY)
- 13849 scores the same as the Unadilla, NY average of 65.
- 13849 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13849 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (The Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage at The Plains at Parish Homestead, Heritage at The Plains at Parish Homestead, and Chestnut Park and Rehabilitation Nursing Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Sidney Golf & Country Club, Ouleout Creek Golf Course, and Sundown Golf & Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Unadilla / I-88 / Oneonta KOA and Susquehanna Trail Campground).
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Young George E, Episcopal Rectory E Main, and St Luke\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,529, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,151, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,540, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.20%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13849 has a very sparse population density of 68.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.90%.