Senior Living in 13850 (Vestal, NY)
- 13850 scores the same as the Vestal, NY average of 73.
- 13850 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13850 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (United Health Services Hosps).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Vestal Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, ResCare, and Willow Point Nursing Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Vestal Hills Country Club, En-Joie Golf Club, and Endwell Greens Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including West Endicott Park, Recreation Park, and CFJ Park.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, Twin Orchards Baptists Church, and Our Lady of Sorrows.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,251, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,724, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,293, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.39%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13850 has a sparse population density of 430.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.23%.