Senior Living in 13863 (Willet, NY)
- 13863 scores the same as the Willet, NY average of 56.
- 13863 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13863 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are no senior living facilities in the area.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Ford Hill Country Club -Red, Knickerbocker Country Club, and Maple Hill Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Country Hills Campground)..
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Whitney Point United Meth Chr, Greene Assembly of God, and Castle Creek United Meth Ch.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,072, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,417, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,782, which is in the top 86% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.88%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13863 has a very sparse population density of 45.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.33%.