Senior Living in 13865 (Windsor, NY)
- 13865 scores the same as the Windsor, NY average of 65.
- 13865 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13865 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Barnes-kasson County Hospital and Binghamton Psychiatric Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Barnes-Kasson County Hospital, United Methodist Homes, and Hearth Management LLC.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Golden Oak Golf Club, Belden Hill Golf Club, and Conklin Players Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Forest Lake Campground Inc, Pine Crest Campground, and Lakeside Campground.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including All Saints Orthodox Church, Little White Church, and Conklin First Presbyterian Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,486, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,138, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,928, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.09%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 13865 has a very sparse population density of 57.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.84%.