Senior Living in 13901 (Binghamton, NY)
- 13901 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Binghamton, NY.
- 13901 scores higher than the Binghamton, NY average of 63.
- 13901 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13901 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc, Binghamton Psychiatric Center, and United Health Services Hospitals, Inc.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including United Methodist Homes, Life at Elizabeth Church Manor Nursing Home, and James G Johnston Memorial Nursing Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Chenango Commons Golf Course, Dimmock Hill Golf Course, and Ely Park Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Chenango Valley State Park, CFJ Park, and Recreation Park.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, Central Baptist Church, and Community Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,140, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,906, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,890, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.50%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13901 has an average population density of 851.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.03%.