Senior Living in 13905 (Binghamton, NY)
- 13905 has a SeniorScore® of 63, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Binghamton, NY.
- 13905 scores the same as the Binghamton, NY average of 63.
- 13905 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13905 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc and United Health Services Hospitals, Inc).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including James G Johnston Memorial Nursing Home, United Methodist Homes, and Life at Elizabeth Church Manor Nursing Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Ely Park Municipal Golf Course, Chenango Commons Golf Course, and Dimmock Hill Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (CFJ Park and Recreation Park).
- There are 37 churches nearby, including St Patrick\'s Church, St Stanislaus Kostka Church, and Aerie Cliff & Jan.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,677, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,913, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,043, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.57%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13905 has an average population density of 1,036.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.41%.