Senior Living in 14001 (Akron, NY)
- 14001 scores the same as the Akron, NY average of 72.
- 14001 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14001 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including The Brothers of Mercy Sacred Heart Adult Home, The Brothers of Mercy , and Bristol Village.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Dande Farms Golf Course, Gold/White Course at Rothland Golf Course, and Red/Gold Course at Rothland Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Clarence Town Court Justice, Thompson Road Park, and Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including St John Lutheran Church, St Michael Lutheran Church, and St Teresa\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,207, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,990, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,987, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.62%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14001 has a sparse population density of 143.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.86%.