Senior Living in 14011 (Attica, NY)
- 14011 scores the same as the Attica, NY average of 60.
- 14011 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14011 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Wyoming County Community Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including The Cloisters, Wyoming County Community Hospital S N F, and East Side Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Attica Golf Club, Quiet Times Golf Course, and Chestnut Hill Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Hidden Valley Animal Adventure, Darien Lakes State Park, and Darien Lake Amusement Park.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including True Jerry E, Alexander United Methodist Chr, and Alexander United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,834, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,148, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,380, which is in the top 88% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 14011 has a sparse population density of 147.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.65%.