Senior Living in 14013 (Basom, NY)
- 14013 scores the same as the Basom, NY average of 77.
- 14013 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14013 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Medina Memorial Hospital, United Memorial Medical Center, and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Orchard Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Orleans Community Health Skilled Nursing Home, and Genesee Park Place Associate.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Dande Farms Golf Course, Gold/White Course at Rothland Golf Course, and Red/Gold Course at Rothland Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and Darien Lake Amusement Park).
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Alabama & Basom United Methodist Church, St Cecilia\'s Roman Catholic, and Presbyterian Oakfield Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,315, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,719, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,375, which is in the top 62% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.26%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14013 has a very sparse population density of 43.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.36%.