Senior Living in 14026 (Bowmansville, NY)
- 14026 scores the same as the Bowmansville, NY average of 88.
- 14026 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14026 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Hospital, Upstate New York Va Healthcare System (western Ny, and Erie County Medical Center.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in the area, including Harris Hill Nursing Facility LLC, Presbyterian Senior Care of Western New York, and Elderwood Senior Care.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 55 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 313 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Harris Hill Golf Center, Country Club Of Buffalo, and Amherst Audubon Golf Course -Audubon.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Thompson Road Park, Glen Park, and Amherst State Park.
- There are 163 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Our Lady of Blessed Sacrament, and St Augustine Roman Catholic.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,412, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,331, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,468, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.89%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14026 has an average population density of 889.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.27%.