Senior Living in 14033 (Colden, NY)
- 14033 scores the same as the Colden, NY average of 81.
- 14033 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14033 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bertrand Chaffee Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Father Baker Manor, Orchard Heights, Inc., and Grand Meadows Senior Living.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Hidden Acres Golf Course, Holland Hills Country Club, and Orchard Park Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Chestnut Ridge, Sprague Brook County Park, and Emery Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Redeemer Lutheran Church, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and St George\'s Roman Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,469, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,322, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,219, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.83%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14033 has a sparse population density of 128.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.72%.