Senior Living in 14036 (Corfu, NY)
- 14036 scores the same as the Corfu, NY average of 76.
- 14036 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14036 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (United Memorial Medical Center and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Genesee Park Place Associate, New York State Veterans\' Home at Batavia, and The Brothers of Mercy .
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including Chestnut Hill Country Club, Gold/White Course at Rothland Golf Course, and Red/Gold Course at Rothland Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Darien Lake Amusement Park, Darien Lakes State Park, and Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Presbyterian Church, North Darien Baptist Church, and Indian Falls Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,709, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,407, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,027, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.07%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 14036 has a very sparse population density of 96.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.26%.