Senior Living in 14037 (Cowlesville, NY)
- 14037 scores the same as the Cowlesville, NY average of 74.
- 14037 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14037 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Absolut Care Aurora Park, Greenfield Health and Rehabilitation Center, and People.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Chestnut Hill Country Club, East Aurora Country Club, and Crag Burn Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Hunters Creek County Park, Darien Lakes State Park, and Hidden Valley Animal Adventure.
- There are 39 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Marilla United Methodist Chr, and St John\'s Roman Catholic.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,868, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,938, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,166, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.69%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 14037 has a very sparse population density of 67.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.81%.