Senior Living in 14040 (Darien Center, NY)
- 14040 scores the same as the Darien Center, NY average of 72.
- 14040 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14040 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (United Memorial Medical Center and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including The Brothers of Mercy , The Brothers of Mercy Sacred Heart Adult Home, and New York State Veterans\' Home at Batavia.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Chestnut Hill Country Club, Attica Golf Club, and Quiet Times Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Darien Lakes State Park, Darien Lake Amusement Park, and Hidden Valley Animal Adventure.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including True Jerry E, Presbyterian Church, and North Darien Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,374, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,875, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,111, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.16%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 14040 has a very sparse population density of 75.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.90%.