Senior Living in 14041 (Dayton, NY)
- 14041 scores the same as the Dayton, NY average of 59.
- 14041 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14041 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Tlc Health Network).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Johnson Homes and T L C Health Network Lake Shore Hospital Nursing Facility)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Gowanda Country Club, Tri-County Country Club, and Tri-County Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Zoar Valley MUA)..
- There is 1 church nearby (Saint Frances Cabrinin Rc Chr)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $40,664, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,639, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $12,281, which is in the top 97% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.50%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 11% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14041 has a sparse population density of 104.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.92%.