Senior Living in 14059 (Elma, NY)
- 14059 scores the same as the Elma, NY average of 81.
- 14059 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14059 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Western Ny Children\'s Center).
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Greenfield Health and Rehabilitation Center, People, and Elderwood at Lancaster.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 42 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 127 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Elma Meadows Golf Course, Fox Valley Club, The, and Lancaster Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Knox Farm State Park and Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve).
- There are 69 churches nearby, including Faith Lutheran Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and St Gabriels Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,555, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,795, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,609, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.93%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14059 has a sparse population density of 331.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.22%.