Senior Living in 14061 (Farnham, NY)
- 14061 scores the same as the Farnham, NY average of 68.
- 14061 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14061 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lake Shore Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including T L C Health Network Lake Shore Hospital Nursing Facility, The Comstock House, and Sturgeon Point Road Soira.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Grandview Golf Course, Rosebrook Golf Course, and Tri-County Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Evangola State Park and Silver Creek Optical).
- There are 5 churches nearby, including St Anthony\'s Roman Catholic, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Chr, and First Congregational United.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,786, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,625, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,156, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.70%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14061 has a sparse population density of 364.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.63%.