Senior Living in 14072 (Grand Island, NY)
- 14072 scores the same as the Grand Island, NY average of 82.
- 14072 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14072 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Kenmore Mercy Hospital, Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, and De Graff Memorial Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including Elderwood at Grand Island, Mcauley Residence, and Schofield Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Facility.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 139 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Beaver Island State Park Golf Course, River Oaks Golf Club, and Sheridan Park Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Beaver Island State Park, Riverside Park, and Dufferin Islands Nature Area.
- There are 121 churches nearby, including St Martin-Fields Episcopal Ch, St Stephens Rc Church, and Whitehaven Road Baptist.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,373, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,302, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,157, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.59%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14072 has an average population density of 720.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.17%.