Senior Living in 14085 (Lake View, NY)
- 14085 scores the same as the Lake View, NY average of 69.
- 14085 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14085 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Absolut Care of Eden, Sturgeon Point Road Soira, and Elderwood at Hamburg.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Hamburg Golf Course, Town of, Wanakah Country Club, and South Shore Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Hamburg Recreation Department and Southwestern Office Park).
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Southtowns Christian Ctr, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, and St Mary\'s of the Lake Ccd.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,168, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,750, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,974, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.57%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14085 has an average population density of 1,057.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.79%.