Senior Living in 14091 (Lawtons, NY)
- 14091 scores the same as the Lawtons, NY average of 70.
- 14091 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14091 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Tlc Health Network, Lake Shore Hospital, and Bertrand Chaffee Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Absolut Care of Eden, Grand Meadows Senior Living, and Eden Heights.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Gowanda Country Club, Eden Valley Golf Course, and Springville Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Zoar Valley MUA)..
- There are 19 churches nearby, including First Congregational Church, Saint Frances Cabrinin Rc Chr, and St Marys Roman Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,898, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,488, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,251, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.06%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14091 has a very sparse population density of 50.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.49%.