Senior Living in 14092 (Lewiston, NY)
- 14092 scores the same as the Lewiston, NY average of 80.
- 14092 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14092 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mount St Mary\'s Hospital And Health Center and Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Our Lady of Peace Nursing Care Residence, Niagara Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Schoellkopf Health Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Niagara Falls Country Club, Whirlpool Golf Course, and Niagara Frontier Country Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Earl W. Brydges Artpark, Reservoir State Park, and Joseph Davis State Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Niagara Frontier Bible, Messiah Lutheran Church, and First Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,091, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,621, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,039, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.28%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14092 has an average population density of 562.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.52%.