Senior Living in 14105 (Middleport, NY)
- 14105 scores the same as the Middleport, NY average of 73.
- 14105 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14105 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Medina Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Absolut Care Gasport , Orleans Community Health Skilled Nursing Home, and Orchard Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Niagara Orleans Country Club, Shelridge Country Club, and Red/Gold Course at Rothland Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge, Medina / Wildwood Lake KOA, and Niagara County Camping Resort.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Middleport United Methodist, and St Stephens Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,975, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,725, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,754, which is in the top 54% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.73%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14105 has a very sparse population density of 96.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.89%.