Senior Living in 14111 (North Collins, NY)
- 14111 scores the same as the North Collins, NY average of 75.
- 14111 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14111 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Lake Shore Hospital, Tlc Health Network, and Bertrand Chaffee Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Absolut Care of Eden, Eden Heights, and The Comstock House.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Eden Valley Golf Course, Gowanda Country Club, and Grandview Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Zoar Valley MUA, Hamburg Recreation Department, and Evangola State Park.
- There are 36 churches nearby, including First Congregational Church, St Marys Roman Catholic Church, and Eden United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,662, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,708, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,295, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.67%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14111 has a very sparse population density of 92.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.79%.