Senior Living in 14126 (Olcott, NY)
- 14126 scores the same as the Olcott, NY average of 68.
- 14126 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14126 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Inter-community Mem Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (The Newfane Rehabilitation and Health Care Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Newfane Pro-Am Par 3 Golf Course, Oak Run Golf Club, and Niagara County Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including St Charles Borromeo Church, Faith Lutheran Church, and Newfane United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,579, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,879, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,152, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.72%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14126 has an average population density of 1,026.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.82%.