Senior Living in 14131 (Ransomville, NY)
- 14131 scores the same as the Ransomville, NY average of 78.
- 14131 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14131 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mount St Mary\'s Hospital And Health Center, Inter-community Mem Hospital, and Eastern Niagara Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Our Lady of Peace Nursing Care Residence, Brookdale Niagara, and Brookdale Niagara.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Niagara Frontier Country Club, Shawnee Country Club, and Niagara Falls Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Niagara\'s Lazy Lakes Camping Resort, Wilson Tuscarora State Park, and Four Mile Creek State Park.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Immaculate Conception Church, Exley United Methodist Church, and Our Lady of the Rosary Roman.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,728, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,488, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,718, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.07%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14131 has a sparse population density of 125.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.64%.