Senior Living in 14134 (Sardinia, NY)
- 14134 scores the same as the Sardinia, NY average of 78.
- 14134 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14134 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bertrand Chaffee Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Jennie B Richmond Chaffee Nursing Home , The Pines - Machias Campus , and Fiddlers Green Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Concord Crest Golf Course, Holland Hills Country Club, and Springville Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sprague Brook County Park, Gooseneck Hill Waterfowl Sanctuary, and Mountain Meadows Park.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including St Jude\'s Roman Catholic Chr, St Joseph\'s, and O\'Dell William.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,795, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,214, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,546, which is in the top 93% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14134 has a sparse population density of 122.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 54.72%.