Senior Living in 14135 (Sheridan, NY)
- 14135 scores the same as the Sheridan, NY average of 82.
- 14135 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14135 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Brooks Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including St Vincents Home, WCA Home, and Fredonia Place.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Shorewood Country Club, Rosebrook Golf Course, and Tri-County Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Creekside Outdoors and Silver Creek Optical).
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Apostolic House of Prayer, First Baptist Church, and Holy Trinity Rc Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,059, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,875, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,334, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.55%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 10% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14135 has a sparse population density of 115.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.