Senior Living in 14136 (Silver Creek, NY)
- 14136 scores the same as the Silver Creek, NY average of 71.
- 14136 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 14136 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lake Shore Hospital and Brooks Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including T L C Health Network Lake Shore Hospital Nursing Facility, St Vincents Home, and Johnson Homes.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Rosebrook Golf Course, Tri-County Country Club, and Tri-County Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Silver Creek Optical, Creekside Outdoors, and Evangola State Park.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including First United Church, St Anthony\'s Roman Catholic, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,018, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,194, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,529, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.55%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14136 has a sparse population density of 217.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.58%.