Senior Living in 14139 (South Wales, NY)
- 14139 scores the same as the South Wales, NY average of 74.
- 14139 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14139 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Absolut Care Aurora Park, Father Baker Manor, and Orchard Heights, Inc..
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Crag Burn Golf Club, East Aurora Country Club, and Archie\'s Par 3 Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Hunters Creek County Park, Emery Park, and Mountain Meadows Park.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including St Matthias Episcopal Church, Immaculate Conception Rc, and Wesleyan Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,172, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,519, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,948, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.84%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14139 has a very sparse population density of 89.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.10%.