Senior Living in 14150 (Tonawanda, NY)
- 14150 scores the same as the Tonawanda, NY average of 79.
- 14150 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14150 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Kenmore Mercy Hospital, Sisters Of Charity Hospital, and Children\'s Hospital.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including Schofield Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Facility, Ken-Ton Presbyterian Village , and Kenwell - Depaul Senior Living Community.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 205 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Sheridan Park Golf Course, Brighton Park Golf Course, and Grover Cleveland Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Riverside Park, Beaver Island State Park, and Delaware Park.
- There are 150 churches nearby, including St Edmund Rc Church, Grace Baptist Church, and St Francis Assisi Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,258, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,063, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,320, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.10%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14150 has a dense population density of 2,789.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.82%.