Senior Living in 14167 (Varysburg, NY)
- 14167 scores the same as the Varysburg, NY average of 67.
- 14167 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14167 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Wyoming County Community Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including The Cloisters, Wyoming County Community Hospital S N F, and East Side Nursing Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Byrncliff Resort & Conference Center, Byrncliff Resort & Conference Center, and Attica Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Hidden Valley Animal Adventure, Buffalo Audubon Society, and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park.
- There are 2 churches nearby (True Jerry E and United Church of Warsaw).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,078, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,148, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,829, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.99%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 14167 has a very sparse population density of 44.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.42%.