Senior Living in 14203 (Buffalo, NY)
- 14203 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Buffalo, NY.
- 14203 scores higher than the Buffalo, NY average of 69.
- 14203 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14203 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 15 hospitals nearby, including Buffalo General Hospital, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, and Sheehan Memorial Hospital.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in the area, including Mercy Hospital Skilled Nursing Facility, Ridge View Manor, LLC, and The Amberleigh.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 62 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 255 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Cazenovia Golf Course, Delaware Park Course, and Orchard Park Country Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Tifft Nature Preserve, Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, and Lafayette Square.
- There are 207 churches nearby, including St Michael\'s Church Rectory, St Ambrose Church, and St Martin\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $26,656, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $14,279, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,472, which is in the top 87% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.98%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14203 has an average population density of 611.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.64%.