Senior Living in 14212 (Buffalo, NY)
- 14212 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the 16th highest of any zip code in Buffalo, NY.
- 14212 scores lower than the Buffalo, NY average of 69.
- 14212 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14212 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 12 hospitals nearby, including Kaleida Health, Millard Fillmore Gates Hosp, and Brylin Hospitals.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Highpointe On Michigan Health Care Facility, Terrace View Long Term Care Facility, and Niagara Lutheran Health System.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Cazenovia Golf Course, Delaware Park Course, and Grover Cleveland Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Martin Luther King, Jr. Park, The Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site, and Lafayette Square.
- There are 147 churches nearby, including Free Spirit Baptist Church, Corpus Christi Church, and St Adalberts Basilica.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $34,124, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $26,677, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,014, which is in the top 92% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.09%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14212 has a dense population density of 5,585.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.80%.