Senior Living in 14215 (Buffalo, NY)
- 14215 has a SeniorScore® of 57, which is the 27th highest of any zip code in Buffalo, NY.
- 14215 scores significantly lower than the Buffalo, NY average of 69.
- 14215 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14215 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Upstate New York Va Healthcare System (western Ny, Erie County Medical Center, and Sisters Of Charity Hospital.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Terrace View Long Term Care Facility, St Catherine Laboure Health Care Center, and Niagara Lutheran Health System.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Delaware Park Course, Grover Cleveland Golf Course, and Cazenovia Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Mount Olive Baptist Church, St Aloysius Gonzaga Rectory, and Second Temple Missionary Bapt.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,172, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,383, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,048, which is in the top 85% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.56%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14215 has a very dense population density of 8,139.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.55%.