Senior Living in 14221 (Buffalo, NY)
- 14221 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the highest of any zip code in Buffalo, NY.
- 14221 scores significantly higher than the Buffalo, NY average of 69.
- 14221 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14221 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Hospital, Upstate New York Va Healthcare System (western Ny, and Erie County Medical Center.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Bassett Road, Canterbury Woods, and Elderwood at Williamsville.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 246 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Park Country Club, The, Amherst Audubon Golf Course -Audubon, and Country Club Of Buffalo.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Amherst State Park, Glen Park, and Thompson Road Park.
- There are 88 churches nearby, including Nativity Blessed Virgin Mary, Newman Center, and Ss Peter and Paul Catholic Ch.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,875, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,530, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,895, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.02%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14221 has a dense population density of 2,328.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.62%.