Senior Living in 14227 (Buffalo, NY)
- 14227 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Buffalo, NY.
- 14227 scores significantly higher than the Buffalo, NY average of 69.
- 14227 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14227 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Hospital, Western Ny Children\'s Center, and Kaleida Health.
- There are 56 senior living facilities in the area, including Elderwood Assisted Living at Cheektowaga, Skilled Nursing at Cheektowaga, and Elderwood Independent Living At Cheektowaga.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 53 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 147 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Harris Hill Golf Center, Cazenovia Golf Course, and Fox Valley Club, The.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, Glen Park, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Park.
- There are 119 churches nearby, including Resurrection Life Fellowship, Schipani Dominic V, and A Kingdom Hall-jehovah Sw.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,627, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,010, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,302, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.26%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14227 has a dense population density of 2,712.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.44%.