Senior Living in 14302 (Niagara Falls, NY)
- 14302 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the highest of any zip code in Niagara Falls, NY.
- 14302 scores significantly higher than the Niagara Falls, NY average of 70.
- 14302 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14302 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Schoellkopf Health Center, Niagara Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Our Lady of Peace Nursing Care Residence.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (94% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including North Course at Hyde Park Golf Course, Whirlpool Golf Course, and Niagara\'s Golf Wonderland.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Bird Kingdom, Niagara Falls State Park, and Queen Victoria Park.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including St George Orthodox Church, Holy Trinity Roman Catholic, and Our Lady of Lebanon Rc Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,038, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14302 has a dense population density of 7,642.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.98%.