Senior Living in 14304 (Niagara Falls, NY)
- 14304 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Niagara Falls, NY.
- 14304 scores higher than the Niagara Falls, NY average of 70.
- 14304 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14304 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, Mount St Mary\'s Hospital And Health Center, and De Graff Memorial Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield, Elderwood at Wheatfield, and Elderwood Skilled Nursing at Wheatfield.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Niagara\'s Golf Wonderland, Whirlpool Golf Course, and North Course at Hyde Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Reservoir State Park, Devils Hole State Park, and De Veaux Woods State Park.
- There are 69 churches nearby, including St Charles Roman Catholic Chr, St John De Lasalle Church, and St Leo\'s Roman Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,319, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,364, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,681, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.63%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 14304 has an average population density of 1,369.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.23%.