Senior Living in 14414 (Avon, NY)
- 14414 scores the same as the Avon, NY average of 69.
- 14414 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14414 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Avon Nursing & Rehabilitation, Conesus Lake Nursing Home, and Morgan Estates Assisted Living Community.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including FarView Golf Course, Caledonia Country Club, and Livingston Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Gravel Ponds Sport Fishing and Conesus Lake Campground).
- There are 21 churches nearby, including First Presbyterian Church, Lutheran Church of Epiphany, and Avon United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,611, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,868, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,076, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.24%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14414 has a sparse population density of 181.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.25%.