Senior Living in 14416 (Bergen, NY)
- 14416 scores the same as the Bergen, NY average of 73.
- 14416 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14416 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including South Street Senior Care, Leroy Village Green , and Westwood Commons - A De Paul Senior Living Community.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Batavia Country Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Churchville Golf Course, and Le Roy Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Gravel Ponds Sport Fishing and Black Creek Park).
- There are 17 churches nearby, including St Bridget\'s Church, Bergen United Methodist Church, and Hannah Sammie C.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,778, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,991, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,758, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.47%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14416 has a sparse population density of 102.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.93%.