Senior Living in 14420 (Brockport, NY)
- 14420 scores the same as the Brockport, NY average of 61.
- 14420 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14420 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lakeside Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Tender Loving Family Care, Lakeside Beikirch Care Center, and Emeritus at Landing of Brockport.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Emerald / Witch Course at Deerfield Country Club, Cardinal Creek Golf Club, and Brockport Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Nativity of the Bvm, and Newman Oratory.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.67% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,479, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,238, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,727, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.03%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 14420 has a sparse population density of 337.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.37%.