Senior Living in 14422 (Byron, NY)
- 14422 scores the same as the Byron, NY average of 79.
- 14422 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14422 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (United Memorial Medical Center and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Genesee County Nursing Home, Batavia Health Care Center, and Leroy Village Green .
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Batavia Country Club, Carter\'s Sweetland Pines Par 3 Golf Course, and Stafford Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including St Bridget\'s Church, Bergen United Methodist Church, and Our Lady of Fatima.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,187, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,463, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,760, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.35%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14422 has a very sparse population density of 72.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.31%.