Senior Living in 14423 (Caledonia, NY)
- 14423 scores the same as the Caledonia, NY average of 73.
- 14423 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14423 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Avon Nursing & Rehabilitation, South Street Senior Care, and Leroy Village Green .
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 78 golf courses nearby, including Caledonia Country Club, FarView Golf Course, and Chili Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Gravel Ponds Sport Fishing and Black Creek Park).
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Caledonia Assembly of God, St Columbus St Patrick Church, and Lutheran Church of Epiphany.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,747, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,321, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,747, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.35%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14423 has a very sparse population density of 95.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.44%.