Senior Living in 14424 (Canandaigua, NY)
- 14424 scores the same as the Canandaigua, NY average of 70.
- 14424 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14424 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (F F Thompson Hospital and Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Ferris Hills at West Lake, Horizons - A DePaul Senior Living Community, and Horizons.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Canandaigua Country Club, Center Pointe Golf & Country Club, and VA Medical Center Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park, 1795 Acorn Inn Bed and Breakfast, and Canandaigua / Rochester KOA.
- There are 16 churches nearby, including Canandaigua Baptist Church, Calvary Assembly of God, and Crosswinds Wesleyan Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,073, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,668, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,442, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.76%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14424 has a sparse population density of 212.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.64%.