Senior Living in 14456 (Geneva, NY)
- 14456 scores the same as the Geneva, NY average of 65.
- 14456 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14456 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Geneva General Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Finger Lakes Health, Seneca Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Clifton Springs Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Geneva Country Club, Seneca Lake Country Club, and Big Oak Public Golf Course -North Nine.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Geneva Recreation Complex, Seneca Lake State Park, and Sampson State Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Adams James H, St Peters Episcopal Church, and Trinity Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,434, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,392, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,742, which is in the top 54% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.37%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14456 has a sparse population density of 257.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.89%.