Senior Living in 14462 (Groveland, NY)
- 14462 scores the same as the Groveland, NY average of 74.
- 14462 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14462 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nicholas H Noyes Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Livingston County Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Morgan Estates Assisted Living Community, and Seniors Helping Seniors.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Conesus Golf Club, Keshequa Golf Club, and Livingston Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Conesus Lake Campground, Mount Morris Dam & Recreation Area, and Holiday Hill Campground.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including St Patricks Holy Angel Cath Ch, Interfaith Center, and St Michael\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,947, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,188, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,371, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.62%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14462 has a very sparse population density of 54.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.11%.