Senior Living in 14469 (Bloomfield, NY)
- 14469 scores the same as the Bloomfield, NY average of 79.
- 14469 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14469 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (F F Thompson Hospital and Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Ontario Arc Bloomfield Comm, Horizons, and Horizons - A DePaul Senior Living Community.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including Island Oaks Course at Lima Golf & Country Club, Parkview Fairways, and Cobblestone Creek Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including 1795 Acorn Inn Bed and Breakfast, Boom Towne Canine Campus, and Canandaigua / Rochester KOA.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including St Bridget\'s Hall, Elim Gospel Church, and Miller Donna J.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,385, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,247, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,436, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.70%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14469 has a very sparse population density of 94.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.14%.