Senior Living in 14476 (Kendall, NY)
- 14476 scores the same as the Kendall, NY average of 73.
- 14476 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14476 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lakeside Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Emeritus at Landing of Brockport, Lakeside Beikirch Care Center, and Tender Loving Family Care.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Ozzie\'s Corner Golf Course, Emerald / Witch Course at Deerfield Country Club, and Cardinal Creek Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Hamlin Beach State Park, Oak Orchard Marine Park, and Lakeside State Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Concordia Lutheran Church, Kendall United Methodist Chr, and St Mark\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.12% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,822, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,384, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,731, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.86%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14476 has a very sparse population density of 92.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.66%.